Click here to visit the Website
Back to index
Nature's Secret Treasures
Story : Wandee Suntivutimetee
Photos : Bansit Bunyaratavej
Click to Bigger     Seaweed is one of nature's most peculiar, yet at the same time most useful, creations. Their sometimes beautifully-colored, though oftentimes slimy outward appearance, render them both appealing yet seemingly worthless at the same time. Algae, as they are formally referred to, differentiate into 10,000 different species. Like plants, they capture light energy to fuel the manufacture of sugars (they are an ideal source of food for sea creatures); yet unlike plants, they are primarily aquatic organisms.
Click to Bigger     Besides the 5% of algae that contain poisons only harmful in large quantities, the rest of the 95% of algae provide us with almost half of the oxygen we breathe, not to mention food, and fertilizers. The sporelina species, a green-blue algae, is rich in protein, beta-carotene, vitamins, and low in fat. Algae also have extremely beneficial medicinal use. Besides the popular use of algae in skin products, they have been strongly suggested to have curative powers for tuberculosis, arthritis, colds and influenza, and worm infestations. Algae are also used in the extraction of industrial chemicals and gums...
    Who would've figured all of these benefits to derive from such simple, slimy, yet beautiful organisms? They are truly nature's secret treasures.
 
 ʹѺʹع Ѵҹ
ҷ¤ͧ "਴طѵ"
"" (ͧ) : ͧѹ ?
úѭ | ҡóҸԡ | ʧ | ç¹ | ͺ 鹤ԴɮѭһЪҤ | ԵԹ ҹ ҫ õԶ㹵͡Ѵ | ѹਹ䷹ҵ | ԡ ǤԴͧǴҡ Sydney 2000 | ӾٴФº Һ | ͤͧѡѹ Թⴹ | ͧӶ | о

Little India | Seven Days in Argentine Patagonia | Nature's Secret Treasures
ӹѡ ä | ӹѡ ͧҳ | ͧҳ | Ե ä
[ кؤ | | Ŵ | ͧӶ | Ҫԡ/觫˹ѧ | WallPaper ]
鹢ҧ (Back to Top) Ե ä (Latest issue) E-mail